Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WIND "breaker"

Good evening and happy Cinco de Mayo:

You might be wondering about the title of this blog entry, but leave it to my Dad to crack me up when my abdomen been sliced open and my bowel pulleds out and "played with" -- suffice it to say, it hurts like hell! In any event, I just finished my evening meds with a shot of pain med and benedyrl (to help me sleep), so this will be short.

I am doing much better now that I have "broken wind" and had a few "movements"! I am eating again after another day of no-food, yesterday, since my belly was in lots of pain and a bit distended. so far, so good with the food. I really was incredibly relieved (no pun intended) to have finally passed gas and pooped. As I said to my sister Kate on the phone last night, "pray for poop like you have never prayed before!" It worked!

Pete kindly brought me yummy chicken noodle soup tonight. Shea brought the boys to visit in the am, and I took lots of walks and even had my first post-op shower! Mason's teacher Miss Elaine came over tonight to play with the boys and help give them supper and get ready for bed. Apparently, Mason was in complete heaven - he loves Elaine so very very much!

Yes, it sucks being here, but I am trying to rest as much as possible and heal as best as possible in this environment. I slept well last night, especially after the 1:30am wind-beaking! So, nothing more to report. Thanks to all for your "virtual" support and love and for your calls, visits, and emails.

Sleep well, and lots of love, Emily
p.s. Here are before-and after-pics of our adorable boys having received their annual buzz cut this past Saturday, curtesy of Melissa!

4 comments:

Rebeca Price said...

ohhh my goodness, they are so cute!!! before and after. They are handsome anyway!
Emily, for how long are you staying at the hospital? let us know because it is so close to our house that we wanted to go and visit you..if that's okay!
we hope you get better soon!
Beka, Brandon and Rachel

Alex Reed said...

Hey Em!
I am sending you love!
I am sending you light!
Good luck with the healing process. Take care of yourself.
I love you,
Alex

Tin Man said...

Nice. Sorry to hear about the pain and suffering but we knew you would come thru with no trouble. I have a cold right now or we would come see you.
Keep doing well and get back to those boys.
Jim & Kitty

Unknown said...

Hey Em,
I hope you're feeling better now. I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery and pain. We saw the boys and Shea at the park Friday and LOVED their haircuts. After doing part of it himself, Ralph has a buzz now too.
We're sending you love and hugs!
Em