Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Visit

Mason and Liam visit their Mama at the hospital on Saturday afternoon. It was Liam's first visit to the hospital and he enjoyed the treats(water and gram crackers) and bed(with all the buttons) as much as Mason.

Emily is sleeping right now and is looking forward to me getting her some lunch "from the outside." I think she wants some lettuce wraps? She had a good night last night so the pain in her back and the upset stomach are behind us. Hopefully we can break out of here tomorrow but we don't want to get our hopes up.

Thanks again for all your positive thoughts, help with the boys, and listening ears.

Love, Pete

One final note. On Friday, as the anesthesiologists were preparing to wheel Emily to the OR I was holding her head and she said, "See you on the other side." In a millisecond I went from what did she say, did she really say that, nervous laughter, the anesthesiologist gave me a funny look, and then I thought, "Oh, you mean the other side of those double doors I am about to walk through." Relieved, I kissed her on the cheek, we said our I love yous and I walked out into the surgical waiting room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're all crossing our fingers that you guys can break out of there today! And continue to be in complete awe of both of you and how incredibly you are handling all of this. Em & Pete, your unwavering strength is inspiring and your complete love it amazing! We love you 4! xoxo Hugheses