Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Seattle


Happy Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for, especially Pete. I would not have a family were it not for the unconditional giving of life from THREE different families. So I say thanks to Denise (birthmom), Emily (birthmom), and a young man (Emily's donor) whom we will never meet for letting me enjoy the simple things in life like watching Mason learn to ride a bike. It sounds like nothing much, but riding bikes to a coffee shop with your 5-year old for the first time is so joyful.

Peace, Pete

Greetings from Seattle and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, our stars and angels! As Pete mentioned above, I learned yesterday that my donor was a young man (apparently "younger than me but not by much"), who was traveling when he had an accident. That is all I know, but I just wanted to share this information. I have finally finished my letter of thanks to the donor's family, and I am especially mindful this day, this time of year, of the loss suffered by my donor and his family. So, with this in mind, and despite the difficult economic times, let us all be thankful for how fortunate and blessed we are. We appreciate so much all the love and support from you, our family and friends, our community, and we send much thanks, love, and peace your way.
Emily

p.s. Here is a clip of Mason riding his bike in the Aunties driveway in Seattle (notice the ramp Mason insisted that Dad build so he could jump it!).


2 comments:

Karen said...

woooo!

Rebeca Price said...

Oh goodness, Mason is doing awesome with the bike. I sent an email to you guys 2 weeks ago. Let me know if you got it.
xoxo
Beka