Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No real news!

Just wanted to quickly let you all know that there are no major developments, EXCEPT that I left the hospital after tests yesterday afternoon with a smile on my face -- because (1) I simply LEFT, (2) my echo showed some improvement in the LV function; not quite 100% but on the upswing again; and (3) we are waiting at least until mid next week to do any further surgery; still evaluating the options. I am also looking into lymphatic massage/work as a complimentary process/alternative because one thought is that my lymphatics system does not work as it should (no surprise!) to remove fluid from where the fluid is supposed to be draining out of the peridcardium, i.e., the right lung cavity. Note that the docs are not convinced the "pericaridal window" ever worked properly after its placement last August 29, 2008, and they do not know if the window is even still open.
I am feeling a bit better emotionally; Pete and I both were pretty much at our breaking point this weekend, but things are looking up!
Thanks so much for all your continued love, support, prayers, energy, blessings, hugs, meals, play dates, etc. We sure do need it!
Love and peace, and good night,
Em

2 comments:

Barb Schwartz and Tom Moore said...

Hey Em and Pete,
Oy, oy, oy. We just keep thinking that your luck has got to change!@! We are sending love and hugs and thoughts of strong hearts your way.
xoxoBarb and Tom
p.s.Tom's brother did the same thing Pete did and knocked himself out...what a story!

Kitty said...

Em!!!!!!!!!!!!! geeezzzzz~~~ You are a strong girl!! I just read your last several postings. I am glad you left side is on the upswing...maybe your lymph system...good idea, Jim's is messed up post trans...in left leg. I hope Pete is doing ok too!!! I better have Jim read tht so he's more careful when he pees! love ya!