Monday, June 16, 2008

Officially Getting a New Heart!!!!!

Emily just went into surgery. What an afternoon and evening. This is all very fast and amazingly fortuitous; great team on call tonight, Chas is here with me, Kate will be here in a few hours, and most importantly Emily is VERY positive. As everyone knows from her post this is status quo. She is excited to start a new phase in her life.

The surgery should take between 4 and 8 hours so we will be here all night. The heart was harvested sometime this evening and they sent a jet and surgeon to go get it. We were not told any details, just that it was a great match.

Mason and Liam are at home with Allie and sleeping soundly.

We know all of you are praying and pulling for Emily.

Love, Pete

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily and Pete... I'm Emily's friend from book club -- working late tonight and I just got this message about Em's new heart. This is just beyond amazing. I have been thinking about Emily so much -- I had open heart surgery 8 years ago this week, and had the opportunity to meet many young people who had gone through heart transplants during the time I was in cardiac rehab. They all seemed to share such a positive attitude had such remarkable stories to tell. What an incredible journey for all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sending love and good energy your way!!

Sue Winchester