Friday, June 6, 2008

Officially listed!

Hello again family & friends:
First, we thank you for the many encouraging words of love and support. Second, we wanted to let you know that I am officially on the heart transplant list as of this afternoon. We probably will repeat lots of info. here since we can't remember what we already wrote, but being on the list means that I am now wearing a pager 24/7 (well it will be by the bed at night), I must remain within 1 hour of the hospital at all times, and I may "get the call" that I have matched with a donor any day or in a year or year and a half! So, put your seat belts on and enjoy the wild ride!
Love and peace, Emily, Pete, Mason, and Liam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily and Pete! My first thought is to leave a string of expletives, but I'll restrain myself. I can't believe how quickly this developed and how crazy this all is. You guys are so amazingly strong, and I want you to know that if there's anything I can do, you must let me know because I'll do it. We'll be keeping you all in our thougths and pass the good vibes along. For only two chambers, you've got such a big heart. I love you. Stay well and keep us posted. xxoo
Suse

Lucy smith said...

Your extended Seattle family is sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way! Wish we could bring over some yummy grub and take the boys for a playdate! We have you all in our hearts and minds. Emily and Pete, you are both inspiring in the way you are taking on this huge bump in the road of life. Hugs and kisses to Liam and Mason! Love, Katie, Sarah and Benjamin

Anonymous said...

Dearest Em and Pete!
Wow! Congratulations. I must admit I spent many days -- weeks? -- stressing out about all this but after talking with you Em and reading your blog, I'm feeling so positive. Actually, I am in awe of you and your current heart. I never understood that you basically had a 2-chamber heart. Wow. I've got a healthy great 4-chamber heart and I can't keep up with you now. When you get that new heart, woohoo! Oh the places you will go! Oh the things you will do! I am excited for you.

On a more serious note, I feel love for you and Pete. I send you both warm hugs and I am imagining your guarding angels wrapping their warm wings of love and protection around you. You are in our prayers -- several times a day -- and if I forget, the girls remind me to pray for you.

Thanks for doing the blog. It is a great idea. For some reason, I am not getting the emails -- but I will check the site often.

Lots of love and hope and peace,
Alex, Andy, Avery and Harriet